TopiTopa is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that it collects and processes. In this context, TopiTopa complies with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) and the Belgian Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
Who are the data controllers of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by TOPITOPA SRL, a limited liability company (hereinafter “TopiTopa”, or “us”) having its registered office at avenue de Tervuren, 266 E, boite 9, 1150 Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, registered with the Belgian Company Register under number 0761.773.365.
TopiTopa is the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
avenue de Tervuren, 266 E, boîte 9
What is personal data ?
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject” or “you”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
What personal data do we collect?
In order to provide the services offered by TopiTopa, we have to process your personal data. By accessing and surfing on our Website www.topitopa.com or by interacting with us by any other means (email, phone or other), you expressly agree that we collect and treat the following personal data :
- your IP address which is automatically detected by the server each time you visit our Website, but also data from cookies stored on your device such as your login;
- information provided at the time of the registration to our Website: your name, first name, the name of your company, your mobile phone number;
- information provided when you complete or upload your resume to our Website or when you upload your resume from Linkedin to our Website ;
- any information, any material and any communication (for instance : videos, photos, metadata) that you provide while using the services provided by TopiTopa, in particular when you create or share material or when you communicate with other users of TopiTopa’s Website or send them messages ;
- information relating to your use of TopiTopa’s Website, such as the web pages and the accounts that you have visited, the hashtags, the individuals and the accounts with whom you interact, posts and any other material that you view ;
- any other information that you have voluntarily provided us.
Why do we process and share personal data?
We use your personal data in order to provide you our services as follows :
- Provide our services :
- Your profile is visible to all users of our services ;
- We use service providers in order to provide our services (for instance : maintenance of the Website, security improvement, analysis, marketing, etc.). These service providers will have access to your personal data so that we can provide you our services and they are compelled not to disclose nor use it for other purposes ;
- adds : we use your information to customise the adds that we show you ;
- Provide analysis : we use the information relating to your activity on our Website to help the advertiser measure their adds efficiency (for instance : number of views of an add) ;
- Comply with our legal obligations : we may be compelled to share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation (for instance : legal proceedings). In such case, we strive to notify all concerned, within the limits of our legal obligations.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
The purpose for which we use your personal data and the legal basis we rely on to do so are as follows :
- If it is necessary for the provision of our services (execution of a contract) you have agreed to or intend to agree to ;
- If you have given us your consent to use it when you signed in on our Website ;
- If it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes the obligation to check your identity when you wish to exercise your rights under data protection law
- If it is necessary for our legitimate interest such as improving the Website.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and as long as we need it to meet our legal obligations or until you have deleted your account from our Website. We may retain your personal data longer in order to establish, exercise or defend our rights and the rights of our customers.
When your account is deleted, we delete all the associated material (posts, photos, etc.) and you will no longer be able to retrieve it later.
Data processing location
We have taken action to ensure that all personal data benefits from appropriate protection and all transfers of personal data outside the European Union are legally made. When we transfer personal data to a country outside the European Union that the European Commission deemed not to ensure an appropriate level of personal data protection, transfers shall me made pursuant to an agreement complying with the European Union requirements on the transfer of personal data outside the European Union.
You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal data:
- Right to request access to your information;
- Right to have your information rectified, if it is inaccurate or not up to date (please note that you can amend yourself the personal data that you have communicated on the booking platform of our Website on the same platform) ;
- Right to have your information erased, although such right may be limited in view of our legal obligations;
- Right to receive a free copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another data controller;
- Right to object to processing of your information and to restrict processing of your information, although such right may be limited in view of our legal obligations;
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time, for one of the purposes for which we collected your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights free of charge, please contact us at [email@example.com] write us at:
avenue de Tervuren, 266 E, boîte 9
The security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us, and we make every effort to protect it and prevent any unauthorised access thereof. We use strict procedures and safety systems to protect your personal data. Our staff is also well informed on data security and privacy.
Unfortunately, the exchange of information through the use of the Internet is not and cannot be fully secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide us through our Website ; any transmission of information is at your own risk and, unless in case of fraud or malicious intent, we have no liability whatsoever in that respect. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and safety systems in order to prevent any unauthorised access thereof.
Data security breaches
Every effort has been made to prevent such incident from happening, but should there be a data security breach, the individuals concerned by such incident shall be informed immediately and remedial action shall be taken. The management team of TopiTopa shall also be informed and action shall be taken to prevent similar incidents from happening again.
The cookies we use help us :
- operate our Website as expected by its users ;
• store your preferences during and between your visits ;
• improve the speed and safety of our Website ;
• if you wish, enable you to share webpages on social networks, such as Facebook, Linkedin, etc ;
• constantly improve your navigation experience.
- collect any sensitive information (without your express consent) ;
• exchange your information with advertisers ;
• exchange your personal data with third parties
Third party cookies
Like most websites, our Website includes features provided by third parties. Disabling such cookies may alter the features provided by these third parties.
Your concern about cookies may be related to what we call “spywares”. Instead of disabling cookies in your browser, you will probably notice that anti-spyware software reaches the same objective by automatically deleting cookies that are considered invasive.
Although we do hope you will never have to make a complaint, if you wish to do so in relation to your personal data processing, please send us an e-mail with all the details at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate the issue and reply to any complaint we receive. You can also send us a letter to the following address:
avenue de Tervuren 266E Bte9
TopiTopa undertakes to reply within a month following receipt of your request to inform you on :
- The steps taken to reply positively to your request, or;
- In more complex situations, the need to extend the response time to your request and the reason for this extension, or ;
- The reasons why we have rejected your request. In such case, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Applicable law and jurisdiction